Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Teething.......Ughhh

Maddie Finally got her first tooth yesterday. It has not been easy on her. She has a fever of almost 101, a runny nose, diarrhea, and she won't eat anything. I feel so bad for her. I tried to give her some baby orajel but she hated it. I put it on and after a couple seconds she started grabbing her mouth and screaming. After the numbing started to work she got better mainly because i think it helped her. I don't think i will give it to her again just because she doesn't like it. She wants to be held all the time which i don't mind but, Collin wants to play with me to.
Collin got his first tooth when he was one and it was so easy no fever, no pain. they came in two at a time and it didn't even effect him. So this is a first for me i don't know how to help her. Are there any tricks that i don't know about?

8 comments:

Melanni said...

I'm so sorry! Teething is NOT fun. When Kasen was teething we would give him Tylonol before bed time and that helped a lot. I don't like Orajel because it wears off so fast. Also, a friend of mine just told me about homeopathic(sp?) teething tablets that she swears by and she says she can only find them at Albertsons...or was it Walgreen? Hmm-I hope that cute baby feels better soon!

Melanni said...

oops-I meant 'Walgreens'

The Collins Family said...

Aw poor little Maddie! I think i got lucky with Mason cause he didnt fuss at all when it came to teething and if he did baby orajel did the job. (maybe boys arent as bad as girls when it comes to teething) My sister used the teething tablets as well with her little guy and she also says she swears by it. I would ask your pediatrian. Good luck!

mckell said...

No pics of her new tooth, jk. Teething was mixed for paisley, I loved infants motrin especially at night time!

Shane and Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shane and Michelle said...

I'm sorry you are having a hard time. I'm sure you've figured out what works by now, but when my babies are teething and fussy, like Melanni, I give them infant Tylenol. I also don't use the teething gel for the same reasons Melanni said-it wears off too fast. Tylenol brings the fever down and relives the pain. I hope things get better soon. I know the teething process can be a few weeks.

Harward Family said...

I hope that your little one feels better! Brooklyn my daughter is starting to teeth and it has been pretty hard!

Familly said...

Hi it's Nicole. You have such a cute family. I love your blog!!