Tuesday, January 13, 2009

And it begins...

I have been dreading the day ever sense MadaLynn was born when she would talk back to me. But i never thought it would come this early. Before i tell this story I do have to say that Maddie is one of the sweetest little girls you will meet but she has a temper, i am not trying to portray her as a mean little one. So, the other day she wanted her drink and she is in the habit of going eh, eh, eh when ever she wants something and is not saying the word well i was telling her to say "drink please", and she looked right at me and said "shhhh". I didn't know whether to laugh or what. I know she wasn't really being rude or talking back but i don't know how to tell a one year old that we don't do that. Haha. Oh Maddie what would we do without you? :)


5 comments:

Melanni said...

That's such a cute picture of Maddie. She is such a sweet little girl. This was funny; I know it's hard to know if you should laugh, ignore it, or get them in trouble sometimes-especially when they are that little.

The Collins Family said...

Natalie, I am so in the same boat! Mason did the "eh eh eh" thing when he wanted something and it drove me nuts! So we also taught him to say "please" and he picked it up right away. The only down fall is now he thinks he can get anything as long as he says "please".
That is pretty dang funny though that she told you to shush. I Dont think i could have held in a laugh!

Love said...

Natalie she just looks to innocent to be talking back to her mommy! lol. She is so cute. Does Collin ever talk back? They are so cute and innocent, you know they love their mom!

mckell said...

Yes it does just begin, good luck! Girls are very demanding and emotional, but oh so sweet:)

Shane and Michelle said...

That's hilarious! She is so stinkin cute. Aleah does the same thing. She is such a begger she's always saying, eh eh eh I want i want i want. Got to love em:)